Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tough Choice

Salam...

What will you do when you are affronted with difficult situation? Situations that involves tricky things like relationship that can be considered as tip-toeing on a landmine and being afraid that whatever you will say and do will eventually hurt the other person even though whatever you have in mind is basically for their own good and it is for the best?

What you will do about that? How will you deal with the situation? This is the kind of situation that will kill you inside and kinda hurt you to see that the other person did not know that you know and was and is hoping that you will never know about it. But you know and want to talk about it because it is wrong to accept that behaviour and I am not talking about culturally wrong but religiously wrong action that you will never sanction.

I am not a saint but I am not a devil either and I love this person a lot. I don't know whether this person know that I know and it bothers me because I can't really confront this person and ask sensitive questions to them right? And it bothers me because although it is widely known that this behaviour is a sin indeed but that person might just not know about it and since nobody says anything about this, maybe that person just think that everyone gives green light to that particular behaviour. And I do not consented this action at all cost. I hate it. But to say that I hate this things to that particular person will be too harsh. And many people have pointed out to me that "I am being hard and too harsh on people". Is it my tone? My very authoritative tone?

Because of these stupid little things that people say about me, I can't really interfere and tell this person what I thought about this little expedition that will turn out to be the most idiotic decision that one can make; especially when you are Muslim and you know that your religion prohibits and condemned this action. Okay, now I am being hard. I know...But what else can you do? You know that you might not be able to talk this person out of this lifestyle and you know that by saying this, that person will run away and hide from you; FOREVER. Period. So what can you do? 

This person is your family in Islam and you are supposed to care for them but you are not doing anything although you know that this is wrong. But what can you say so that you will not chase this person away from your life just because you care. You are not being nosy. This is a responsibility for all Muslim to care for other Muslims. But still, you are afraid to do so because of LOVE. I thought love is when you care enough to tell that person what is wrong and guide them to the path, the correct path of life...

Help me out here...

No comments: