Thursday, April 14, 2011

*applause to myself*

Salam
Hi there...OMG. Today is my happiest day...like ever.hehehehe. I can FINALLY SWIM!!! Hurray to me! hehehehe

Yeah...It must be lame news eh? But for me who has never been able to swim for nearly 23 years now, being able to actually do it is a great news. I spent weeks after weeks trying to do so cause I can only go to the swimming centre; which is two towns away from my house, once every week. Why I can only go there once every week? Well, cause on Thursday night, it is women night. So for us Muslim ladies, that is the only time to actually go there and enjoy ourselves without being limited to others. Plus, cause I am a very slow learner, I can only do it after like 5 weeks time (minus the days when I didn't get to go to the centre).

I can float and all and I can do that for a long time before I properly learn how to swim. But that is it. I can float cause I used to go to camps where we have to do water confidence activity and all...but I never can swim. The reason is I can't breathe under water. Once I'm in water I kinda freaks out after few strokes of swimming. ><

But today, I can actually swim! (more than 5 strokes, which is a HUGE improvement for me).I can also swim until I reach the other end of the swimming pool (vertically, not horizontally...you know, the shorter length of the swimming pool).

BEFORE and AFTER pictures.
*they are not me....obviously and credit goes to google image cause I can't remember where I take the pictures*

BEFORE
I can only swim using bubbles like this

or clutching-ly holding the board and paddling away

and do this again and again and again

or just lazying around on this and watch enviously as others do laps in the pool


AFTER
I can do a bit of this...not so good in it yet

and I definitely have that smile on my face ^_^
Do pray that I can really swim by next week. hehehe.

1 comment:

[z@ck] said...

aku tak pandai berenang.pernah hampir lemas bersama juwe. sekarang fobia sama tempat dalam.huhuhu