Sunday, April 25, 2010

Every Little Thing That You Do

Every little thing that you do
baby, I'm amazed by you...

Okay.
I love that song. Bryan Adam's song kinda rocks sometimes...and that is one of my old time favourite...
It is mushy and sweet and I like it a lot but that is not what I want to talk about in my post today.

Warning: This post have no connection with real people or real life. The examples are basically random and  not intended for anyone. If someone or something felt that they are harassed or angry or sad or anything with this post, I would like to say that...
I don't care.
Read it or leave it.

I want to talk about how sometimes, people forgot that it is the small things that can lead to major ones. I believe that people always think that this matter is too small and insignificant and can just be ignored. Well people, it is WRONG!

Small matters can build up and create a huge one. For instance, if you throw a sweet wrapper on the floor and think,
"Hey, that is just a small wrapper, it won't harm others."

but what if other people think that it is okay to do that for the very same reason that you think?
If that happen, then, we will have a huge pile up rubbish without knowing or realizing that the small wrapper can actually create a big mess.

It is the same as our behaviour. Sometimes, it is the small things that you do that irk people a lot. Like making faces (yes, I know, I am the queen that hold the title...) or refusing or deliberately refusing to wash the dishes. Yeap. It is that small things that can really annoy the hell out of people. I know that me making faces is a real kill buzz but believe me, I am trying hard to change that.I notice that people too are making faces when I make faces....so people, believe me, I KNOW.

But there are some really dense people that cannot seem to take a hint (or refuse to take hints) about their really annoying behaviour. Behaviour like washing dishes. It is a fairly simple task but what happen if you are the one (or some of the ones-I am making deliberate mistake here...ignore me) that always have to do that job? It will; one day, make you wanna scream. Especially if you watch the other person just simply pile up the dishes and let it stay there in hope that the sight will drive you mad and in the end, you will do it yourself. It is a brilliant move eh? Maybe I should learn how to do that...haha...

Well, yeah, if you 'volunteered' (or have to because you cannot look at dirty plates) to do that task, you should not complaint at all. If you don't want to do that job, you can just let and watch mold sprouting on the dirty plates (that sounded like a good idea) and refuse to lift a finger. You can do that. It is an option (as long as it does not affect your sanity). But when you go ahead and wash the plates, you are indirectly saying that it is okay for others to leave their dirty plates in the sink and walk away with it.

"Why don't you try confrontation?"
Some might ask and suggest that way. Well, for me, that is an extreme method that you want to use and it should be the last one to be used because if you use it wrongly, you will end up looking like a big bully whereas THAT person will just gets away with it. Plus, it will be extremely tricky if THAT person is your:
a) classmate
b) roomate/ flatmates/ housemate/ bungalowmates/ pentmates/ inmates or whatever mates
c) boyfriend/ girlfriend/ husband/ wife or lover (if that applies to you)
d) any of the above/ all of the above/ none of the above and others

So what should we do about this problem? It is small, but it will get bigger if we don't prevent it. And how to prevent this problem (or put a stop to it as it is better that way) without ruining the relationship that you have?

Any brilliant suggestion on how to do that?

No comments: