Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Eclipse Moment

Salam...Hi...
I won't be a spoiler to the most anticipated movie that my friends are currently holding their breath for. What am I talking about? Well duh... I am talking about this of course:


My Rating: ★★★★☆

Well, that is not the real poster but WTH right? I made it so no complaining here. Zip it.

I just watched the movie around 4 hours ago. I watched it at 11 am (New Zealand time) with my friend. Pity her (although I know she enjoyed the movie) cause she is not the one that should watch the movie with me in the first place. I still can't believe that my friend bail on me @ ditched me to go to Auckland. Not that I blame her for going but still, I would really want to go with her. Anyway, what is past is past.

Talking bout the movie moment. I went out from my house around 10.15 am with my other friend and we walked there. I thought it will be a celebration; the movie I mean, but it is not. In Malaysia, we will have huge posters hung at the cinema wall and there will be lines over lines of people talking with high spirit about the movie even though it is not public holiday and I think I can even see people skipping work and school to be there on 1st day screening. There will be Jacob's and Edward's Team; battling among each other. I won't be surprised to see fans wearing the T-shirts and even have items representing the movie. The counter will be fill with items and merchandises from the movie. It will be a celebration. Unfortunately, I am in New Zealand and for 1st day screening, nothing is happening at all. It is just another day, another film. There is not even a poster at the wall. I know, it is not holiday and weekend but still, the atmosphere is kinda dead in the cinema. I guess I was expecting more. I miss Malaysian cinema with the people and the high spirit there. I miss caramel popcorn. Here, people only eat salted popcorn and honestly, it tasted like sh**. Who eat salted popcorn and think it is delicious? Well, apparently, people here do. Urgh...I once bought a huge bucket of it and regret it instantly. In the end, only Nad finished it because we do not want to throw it away. What a waste.

Anyway, the seat of the cinema is exactly like how we see it in movies. Not like Malaysia. The seat is kinda like bus seat; comfy and big. The screen is big but the advertisement before the movie starts is kinda lame and laughable. I mean, Malaysian advertisement is flashy and animated but, here, it is like slide show. What a laugh. My seat is J8 and it is just nice. It is right at the center of the cinema. Well, the movie was about to start and people started to come in but just a handful of them. The cinema is not even quarter full of people. I was kinda excited (to see Jacob) and then I smell something that makes me wanna retched. Foul smell is in the air and I know what is that smell instantly. Gosh. The person behind me is drinking alcohol and the air stenches with it. It makes me dizzy and feel like vomiting, but what can I do? I can't turn around and say 'Can you please stop drinking?' cause it is not an offense here; unless she is smoking. So I spent half of the movie breathing through my mouth cause if I breathed normally, I think I will puke. It kinda torture me but luckily, the movie kinda distracted me from thinking about it.

The movie is almost like the book (minus the kissing partS) and I am happy about it. It is not draggy or boring. It is just nice. I have a confession here. I think Kristen is Bella. There, I admit it. Okay? Well, in 1st and 2nd movie, she looked kinda like drug addict (no offense Bella Team, it is just my POV) but in this movie, she does look like Bella Bella. She looked clumsy, graceful and yeah, belle (attractive). She doesn't slur her speech anymore and that pleased me. Oh yes, why did I said partS with capital S? I think the answer is kinda obvious. They almost put kissing scene in all of the scenes. Kiss dominated the movie. It makes me think of what British film-maker said about American.

"All American need to have kissing scene in the movie. They will die without it."

Although it is laughable, but I think that it is true. I mean, Stephanie never allow them to really kiss passionately until at the end of Eclipse right? Maybe they did kiss in her mind but it never appear in the book. I remember it cause I was nearly depressed reading that they haven't kiss each other and I was saying to myself, 'Just kiss Bella already'. haha. Pervy me.

I will only quote one quote in my post about the movie.

Jacob said this to Edward in the tent before 'warming' Bella. (Remember the scene where they fled from Victoria and hid in the mountain and it was snowing and Bella was freezing and Jacob come in to hug her to sleep?). This is the scene.

Jacob:    What? You know that I am hotter than you. *grin and hug Bella*

LOL. That line makes the whole cinema laugh. Cute Jacob. hehe

Well, that's all I wanted to say. Tinie, Mak Lang and A'an and also Nabil, watch the movie please. It is worth it.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*vows*

i'll watch this movie even if its the last thing that i'll ever do..!


lol

Beast said...

LOL...
ok...but if only we can watch it 2gether right?
T__T

Anonymous said...

exactly.. it'll pump up the mood, somehow.. watchiNG it with a fellow fan n friend.. T___________T